Legend of the Seas Cruise Review to Panama Canal, Central America

Third Mate

Worst cruise out of 34 cruises

Sail Date: November 30, 2014

Where do I begin?

Oh--I know---how about 1 1/2 hours to check in at embarkation.  Faucet in bathroom sink had no pressure. When the filter and washer were removed, out poured filthy, oily black sentiment.  Ugh!  The table for 2, which was requested at booking in April, turned out to be table for 12!  After 3 nights of stress, embarrassment and anger, they somehow found a table for 2.  Sunday and Monday night football---no signal on t.v.  Thursday night, we had football, but the trade off was no CNN---no news ATM was not working (this was not a Royal Caribbean responsibility and not fixable)  What else could go wrong??  I soon got my answer!  So now it's a day at sea and we hear "Bravo, bravo, bravo".  That's the call for fire, right?  An officer is running past us on Deck 10, rushes to a box which contained a hose, keys it and activates the water!!  When I opened the door to the hallway, I saw smoke pouring out of the light fixtures!!  I yelled at the woman in the children's game area that there was smoke, and she frantically waved her arms at me and said, "Go! Go!  We're evacuating this area"  Sure enough, we were barred from the entire end of the ship. After 45 minutes the Captain came on the loud speaker and said there was a welder in the laundry room who ignited some of the lint in the vent, but the situation was under control.   Computers were down, so no internet, could not print airplane boarding passes, and oh yes---slots were down in the Casino.  Took a shore excursion.  Out of 45 passengers, 6 spoke only Spanish, so the guide spoke  Spanish 90% of the time and when he did try to narrate in English, he was incomprehensible. The food was mediocre at best----the fruit was either not ripe or overly ripe. The only redeeming part of dining was that our waiter did his best to please us.  This was our 50th anniversary, and wanting that itinerary at that time of the year, we decided to try Royal Caribbean. Out of the 34 cruises we have taken, this cruise for us had the dubious honor of being the worst cruise ever, and we will NOT sail with Royal Caribbean again.  This ship is old and even though it was supposedly refurbished, is not in the 21st century!

Cabin / Stateroom Dale was a great cabin steward and did his best to please us

Don't take a cruise on this ship----ever!