Observations from Jewel of the Seas...

Jewel of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Southern

Helpful Vote: 1

Southern Caribbean Holiday
Sail Date: February 28, 2016
Ship: Jewel of the Seas

I will convey short bursts of thoughts in chronological order:

The SanJuan port experience was really good. RC used the dock across the bay from Old Town and it was easy and uncrowded. The elapsed time from leaving the hotel to being on the ship was less than 45 minutes. New record. Getting off the ship took longer.

This was our 4th cruise, so no longer rookies, but still much to learn. Jewel and Serenade are NOT Navigator. We miss Navigator of the Seas and hope to get back to her. Jewel doesn’t have the promenade and frankly, the space and room. Pretty ship, though…basically the same as Serenade.

The only two negatives:

A really fowl sewer odor that persisted all week on the 12th deck around the stairs in the centrum area. They need to fix that. The dining room servers seemed hurried. We have had more personal guidance on other ships, especially Navigator. To be fair, I don’t want too much of that personal chat time, but I’ve had previous servers who got to know me a little more and would bring me additional appetizers and even entrees I didn’t ask for, just to keep it interesting and fun.

The stateroom was good, and the stateroom attendant was excellent.

One tip on taxis in the port at Aruba. When we approached the taxi to take us to Eagle beach, they quoted $30 one way. We thought that was a rip off to go about 3 miles, so we walked outside the port and found a tour minivan driver that took us for $5 per person.