Great Time!

Jewel of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Southern

Southern Caribbean Holiday
Sail Date: August 09, 2014

We had a get vacation on the Jewel of the Seas.  The boat was older but it didn't feel that way.  It was very clean and well taken care of.  Getting on and off the ship was my best experience from all of the other cruises i have taken.  There was never a line, the towels were right there for you to grab and you got off and then staff was there to take them when you got back on.  I LOVED that.  The staff was great.  Our room attendant was always available and did a good job.  Our Dining Room waiter was just ok and his assistant was just ok also.  we took advantage of the specialty restaurants this trip and did really enjoy them.  The Italian restaurant was my favorite and it was cheaper that the steak house.  The night life was lacking on this cruise.  It felt like everyone went to bed early and the clubs and bars were dead.  That could have been to the busy schedule.  We hit 5 islands right in a row.  The islands were beautiful and we had amazing excursions.  I did my research on Trip Advisor and found awesome excursions at each port.  I will never book excursions on the boat again.  We love Royal Carrib. and always have great cruises.  I would highly recommend this to anyone!!!!

Loved the specialty restaurants this trip

Did participate much, busy on the islands

Did particpate much but did like the theme party nights. Like 70's & 80's night

Had a great room attendant named Leiff

Is older but maintained very well

We had a flat screen in this room. TV chanells were lacking

Italian restaurant is better that chops.
Dining room breakfast is very nice & very good
Late dining at 8:30 was to late for me, got done by 9:30 - 10 and then so full wanted to go to bed!

Went to Old San Juan, nothing real great. Fort was cool
Loved it, not Americanized at all. Had a GREAT beach day
Best excursions with Robinson Boat Tours
Had best excursion with Creole Lobster Lunch tour
Favorite Island, Beautiful
Didn't have a great experience, didn't like the island. The locals were rude but the beaches were beautiful