Jewel of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Southern

Sail Date: January 25, 2014

Cabin: GTY

Okay, the worst part was the ship was FULL.  We were the last to board.  Our agent told me that he wouldn't suggest being charged $100 to up grade to 1 floor higher.  I only wish he knew that the floor we were on had the tiny port hole window.  Also, as we were traveling with our 12 year old son, we were told that the room we had, had a pullout couch.  NOT the case, it was a Blue Chair not a Blue(pullout) Couch.  Big disapointment as his bunk was above us. And my husband is closterphobic, Our expectations were not even close as we felt like we were living in a sardine can.  Thought going with an agent, he would have known that our floor was an after thought, that the rooms were originally for crew.   Our steward made an adjustment to our bed as to not have our son over my husbands side.  That was very helpful as I am sure my husband would have been sleeping some where on deck.

The best part of the cruise were the Ports.  They were so unique and beautiful.... the  locals were friendly and the taxi drivers were so patient and told us all of the local history and cool spots to visit.

The food on the ship was very good, loved the variety.  The gym was never crowded... the equipement was in fine shape.  I still find it so intersting that I never felt crowded.  The ships layout sure made it feel like there weren't very many folks onboard.

TOO SMALL with 3 people