Jewel of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Southern
Sail Date: July 20, 2013
Ship: Jewel of the Seas
Cabin Type: Balcony
Traveled As: Large Group
Reviewed: 3 years ago
Review SummaryI liked the cruise for the following reasons:
1. I absolutely loved my cabin with balcony views - the balcony was reasonably sized with 3 chairs and a table. Perfect for watching and hearing the ocean waves in privacy of my own room.
2. Fabulous service
3. Great entertainment; live shows, cruise directed line dancing for all guests,
4. Public health awareness messages and sanitizers to minimize exposures and transmission of diseases
5. Cleanliness of the ship including my cabin. I hate a dirty looking ship.
6. Great staff
7. Great crowd control during embarkation and disembarkation
8. Absolutely love that gratuities are included in one's cruise expense at the time of booking. Relieves the stress of having to give everyone a tip.
Areas for improvement:
1. The Windjammer gets really crowded during meals - it may be helpful to add other buffet stations for better crowd control
2. Offer more healthy eating choices
3. Provide calorie counts and examples of a serving size for each buffet item. This includes dinner and breakfast options in the Tides dining room
Food and Dining
Service and Staff
Cabin / Stateroom
Go to the Tides restaurant for breakfast - it offers food choices that are not available in the Windjammer in a relaxed and comfortable restaurant setting. There is a small buffet area which includes cereal muesli (awesome) in addition to ordering from a menu.
The seating area for the Windjammer extends to the back of the ship - be careful when it's windy - you may lose much of your meal from the wind.