Jewel of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Southern

Third Mate

Fabulous vacation

Sail Date: July 20, 2013

I liked the cruise for the following reasons:
1. I absolutely loved my cabin with balcony views - the balcony was reasonably sized with 3 chairs and a table. Perfect for watching and hearing the ocean waves in privacy of my own room.
2. Fabulous service
3. Great entertainment; live shows, cruise directed line dancing for all guests,
4. Public health awareness messages and sanitizers to minimize exposures and transmission of diseases
5. Cleanliness of the ship including my cabin. I hate a dirty looking ship.
6. Great staff
7. Great crowd control during embarkation and disembarkation
8. Absolutely love that gratuities are included in one's cruise expense at the time of booking. Relieves the stress of having to give everyone a tip.

Areas for improvement:
1. The Windjammer gets really crowded during meals - it may be helpful to add other buffet stations for better crowd control
2. Offer more healthy eating choices
3. Provide calorie counts and examples of a serving size for each buffet item. This includes dinner and breakfast options in the Tides dining room

N/A
The Antiguan Experience was sub par. I informed RC about my experience and received a discount
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Frederiksted, St. Croix, U.S.V.I.
Easy to get connections to tour the island!
Philipsburg, St. Maarten
Water taxis are available to take you to the beach at a nominal fee. One payment is good for travel all day on the water taxis
St. John's, Antigua
Castries, St. Lucia
Fabulous - easy to get connections to tour the island
Bridgetown, Barbados
Easy to get connections to the beach.

Go to the Tides restaurant for breakfast - it offers food choices that are not available in the Windjammer in a relaxed and comfortable restaurant setting. There is a small buffet area which includes cereal muesli (awesome) in addition to ordering from a menu.

The seating area for the Windjammer extends to the back of the ship - be careful when it's windy - you may lose much of your meal from the wind.

1 Comment