Not at all what I was used to

Jewel of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Southern

Southern Caribbean Holiday
Sail Date: June 01, 2013
Ship: Jewel of the Seas
I have been on 5 plus Royal Caribbean cruises. In the past I have never been disappointed with Royal Caribbean. I chose this one to take my teenage granddaughters on their first cruise. The ship went out of San Juan. They were so excited and were told by their friends to go to the teen club to meet other teens that they would have fun getting to know. They tried but the dance club played 98% Latin music and so no teens of other nationalities felt comfortable there.The adult disco started out this way too until passengers complained and they started mixing the music. Centrum music was 85% Salsa. The food was all right but not of the quality I have had in the past. Service in the main dining room was excellent. The entertainment was not up to past experiences either. Thank goodness we had a great time in every port. We booked a few shore excursions thru Royal Caribbean but booked a Segway Tour in Aruba that was the most fun. I would recommend it to anyone. It was fun for all ages. I do not like, as seveal othes have stated, having tips automatically added to my bill. I guess most of the "Special treatment" is being focused on their Oasis class ships. Sorry to say I will be considering other cruise lines for future cruises.

Visit the Rain Forest
Don;t bother with Snuba, didn't see anything and was very short
Definatley try zip lining. Was fun even in the rain.
Book a Segway tour on your own
Blue Bay Beach was great for snorkeling