Amazing Panama Cruise

Island Princess Cruise Review to Panama Canal, Central America

15 Night Panama Canal - Ocean To Ocean (Ft. Lauderdale To Los Angeles)
Sail Date: October 27, 2017
Ship: Island Princess
Cabin Number: B441
Awesome!!!!! Ship was cool. Love the indoor pool. disappointed where gym was placed - no windows while working out. Met some really great people! Weather was warm but we knew that would be the case. Ships staff was excellent. Entertainment was great. Loved the variety of entertainment.
Easy, effortless, seamless! And we felt very welcomed by the princess cruise line staff.

We had a wonderful table of folks at our table. We developed some great friendships together over our meals. We connected so deeply that when any of us missed dinner we felt obligated to share with the rest of the group why we were missing. We all went to the specialty steakhouse on board together. Our waiter staff came from the main dining room to make sure we were all being taken care of in the steakhouse. The filet mignon was to die for. The sides and desserts in the specialty dining was not that great. We were a little disappointed in that.

They were fine but my wife and I were there to unwind and just relax. So we met a lot of people and played table games together and walked around the ship a lot and swam and just napped a lot.

All excellent!!!!!!

Our waiters, head waiters were phenomenal. Our room steward was good but not excellent. He did his job but he didn't stand out in his service. In fact, he forgot who I was. I asked him for some ice and he said "you should ask your room steward for some." I said, "you are my room steward!" He apologized profusely and knew he made a big booboo. I remember in cruising before that our room stewards would leave this awesome towel art on our bed when we returned from the evening activities. But this trip we got the mints!

Overall the ship was very clean. I know they were having plumbing problems on the ship and there were a number of people who's cabins were flooded and there were some spots in the common areas where the carpets were wet from plumbing leaks. I understand our ship was headed to dry dock after us.

It was good! Shower could have been about six inches bigger.

Make sure you try to make some good acquaintances.

We started our cruise here
We booked our own excursion when we got off the ship. Had a great time.
Loved the old part of town. We booked our own excursion and had a great time!
Awesome! The reason I went on this cruise. This was a bucket list for me. Loved every second.
This was our favorite port of call. We booked our own excursion and fed white monkeys bananas, went on a great river tour and saw some crocodiles super up close. Saw some great views.
We just walked around town and went through a chocolate making class. Very fun. Then had a drink at a beach restaurant. Most of the excursions were like 6-7 hours long and long time in the car or bus. Did not interest us at all.
We went on an adventure at this port with our own taxi driver to a coffee plantation. Our longest time in a car driving over lots of hills and mountains but got to see the local life.
Did our own excursion down at the board walk with some friends we made on the cruise ship. Walked along. Spent about 2 hours off the boat. I've been here before!
Great to be home!!!! Easy disembarkation.
Easy! We carried our own luggage and got off the ship first - Customs was a snap! Got an uber to home!