Island Princess Cruise Review to Panama Canal, Central America

Family time together at Christmas

Sail Date: December 18, 2014

Traveled As: Family w/young children

Room Type: Suite

Our entire family were together to celebrate my husband's life and Christmas, Princess did an excellent job of planning and conducting our family service in order to have a burial at sea of my husband's ashes. Christmas was a grand affair complete with Santa arriving in the glass elevator, gifts for all of the children and egg nog and cookies. The entire ship was decorated for the season,

We were on the Island Princess and although I love its size it is an older ship and I was glad to hear that it is headed for dry dock in April 2015 for a complete overall as it is beginning to show its age.

The staff and crew was great and everyone was in the festive mood., I have sailed with Princess many times before and will continue to do so. I think it is the family and friendly atmosphere that makes me want to continue sailing with them. Thus I have another  cruise booked for July 2015.

I would definetly recommend Princess for an Alaska or Panama Canal cruise but I probably will never sail another cruise line as Princess is comfortable and works to make everyone happy.

Going to dry dock for an overhaul and it is time,
It really was good and they would provide anything you wanted and how you wanted it cooked.
It was good but just as I expected as have had mini suites before.
Jena and Marlin at service desk, Alan in boutique and Luis at dining table.
I had seen them all before, time for some new shows
The children were constanly busy and made many new friends,
We had late dining so it was hard to make some of the entertainment. Lots to do for the entire family but not enough time to do everything they wanted as some thing overlapped.
All of the excursions were very interesting, informative and reasonable.
Ft. Lauderdale (Port Everglades), Florida Did not spend any time there
George Town, Grand Cayman
Puerto Limon, Costa Rica
Panama Canal (Cruise Into Canal) It was good to see the working of the canal
Colon, Panama Did not get off the ship there
Cartagena, Colombia
Went to the Emerald making and it was great for all ages and we could keep one p;iece we made and buy the others for a small price.
Oranjestad, Aruba
Went to the Ostrich farm, the Lighthouse, etc. and it was nothing special but a nice ride and several sights were pointed out.

Take time to get to know the staff at the service desk, photographer desk, boutiques and other crew members. They are aware from their homes and family for a long time (9 -12 months). They love it when a passenger takes time to visit with them and ask where they are from and about their family,