Family time together at Christmas

Island Princess Cruise Review to Panama Canal, Central America

Contributor Level: Third Mate
Helpful Vote: 1

11 Night Panama Canal Partial Transit (Ft. Lauderdale Roundtrip)
Sail Date: December 18, 2014
Ship: Island Princess
Cabin Type: Suite
Cabin Number: C231

Our entire family were together to celebrate my husband's life and Christmas, Princess did an excellent job of planning and conducting our family service in order to have a burial at sea of my husband's ashes. Christmas was a grand affair complete with Santa arriving in the glass elevator, gifts for all of the children and egg nog and cookies. The entire ship was decorated for the season,

We were on the Island Princess and although I love its size it is an older ship and I was glad to hear that it is headed for dry dock in April 2015 for a complete overall as it is beginning to show its age.

The staff and crew was great and everyone was in the festive mood., I have sailed with Princess many times before and will continue to do so. I think it is the family and friendly atmosphere that makes me want to continue sailing with them. Thus I have another  cruise booked for July 2015.

I would definetly recommend Princess for an Alaska or Panama Canal cruise but I probably will never sail another cruise line as Princess is comfortable and works to make everyone happy.

It really was good and they would provide anything you wanted and how you wanted it cooked.

We had late dining so it was hard to make some of the entertainment. Lots to do for the entire family but not enough time to do everything they wanted as some thing overlapped.

I had seen them all before, time for some new shows

The children were constanly busy and made many new friends,

Jena and Marlin at service desk, Alan in boutique and Luis at dining table.

Going to dry dock for an overhaul and it is time,

It was good but just as I expected as have had mini suites before.

Take time to get to know the staff at the service desk, photographer desk, boutiques and other crew members. They are aware from their homes and family for a long time (9 -12 months). They love it when a passenger takes time to visit with them and ask where they are from and about their family,

Did not spend any time there
It was good to see the working of the canal

Colon, Panama Did not visit port

Did not get off the ship there
Went to the Emerald making and it was great for all ages and we could keep one p;iece we made and buy the others for a small price.
Went to the Ostrich farm, the Lighthouse, etc. and it was nothing special but a nice ride and several sights were pointed out.