First timer

Island Princess Cruise Review to Alaska - Gulf of Alaska

7 Night Voyage Of The Glaciers Southbound (Anchorage To Vancouver)
Sail Date: August 12, 2013
Ship: Island Princess
This was our first cruise. We will definitely take a cruise again. The princess staff was consistently excellent and pleasant. I found the food to be pretty good but I would not go as far to call it excellent. I am ( probably) younger and more health conscience than their average customer so I am probably not the first type of consumer they are trying to please. I would like to see more variety in what they offer for food and better ice cream. The salad bar could use a few more options and their coffee could be a bit stronger. Overall the food was good and fresh. A Vegan would not be very pleased but they also would not starve to death on this cruise. Their fitness center was nice but quiet full during peak hours. I think the itinerary for this cruise was excellent! Several people who we met spend several days before the start of the cruise in anchorage and the area around Fairbanks. If I could do it over I would have done that too. My six year old daughter also had a great time and did not say "I'm bored" once. She really enjoyed the kids club activities and did not want to leave when we would come to pick her up. It seems like anyone from 1 to 90 could really enjoy this trip. I am so glad we went. The beauty of Alaska this cruise showed us is beyond words.

Not great, but good.

Really, very, very good.

Just make sure you have clothes for pretty cold weather and rain! You probably won't use the outdoor pool much unless you are tough!

Ketchikan, Alaska Did not visit port

It was so wet and rainy we didn't even get off the ship.