FABULOUS

Grandeur of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas
Helpful Vote: 1

Grandeur of the Seas

9 Night Southeast Coast & Bahamas (Baltimore Roundtrip)

Sail Date: February 22, 2018

Ship: Grandeur of the Seas

Cabin Number: 2085

Review Summary

FABULOUS TIME: I injured my knee no one's fault but my own. However I feel something should be done for care if this should happen in the future with anyone. Made to leave terminal without any support of wheelchair or assistance.

Embarkation

Before security was quick long line afterwards. We are gold members and were to have priority check in but didn't. We are now platinum but probably still need to wait in the same long lines

Ship Experiences

Head waiter of table was superb. For was great in my time dining. Buffet was crowed unless went at off times. Speciality dining we did not spend the extra

Great Gatsby Dining Room

Staff were awesome and food was great

Schooner Bar

Played lots of trivia had lots of room

South Pacific Lounge

Nice large area for entertainment

Windjammer Marketplace

Good food not crowded on off times

Trivia is what we did most. They didn't offer much on the date we were at port but we really didn't want to do alot anyways.

Gift Shop

Nice selections

Guest Services and Explorations!

Answered all my questions and got wheelchair when needed

Liquor and Sundries

Prices were good

Casino Royale

If using comp money because of AAA or royal mix up and charged my credit card the machines didn't pay. If using my money they did pay.

Logo Souvenir Shop

Good selection

Solarium

Very clean and quiet.

Stage shows we seen did a great performance at all.

Centrum

Nice pretty area with lots of chairs. Never enough chairs though. The entertainment was great

Palladium Theater

Shows were good

Rolly room steward did an amazing job. He was on top of everything we needed or wanted without us asking. Head waiter went above and beyond to make our dining experience great every evening. All staff was very pleasant and happy at all times.

The ship layout was perfect this time for someone who couldn't walk far. Everything we wanted to do was on the same side as our room. Everything was well taken care of till towards the end of our trip the bathrooms weren't kept up like in the beginning. But I noticed that on one of my other cruises as well.

Comfort of beds were amazing for me. The room was kept clean and tidy at all times. Size was small but big enough for us because we don't stay in room long enough. Showers wish were bigger but not much can be done with that. Rolly was awesome room steward.

The Grandeur is a smaller ship but needs to be because of the bridge. For us this is the one we travel on because we tried a larger one and because of my limitations on walking this fits us. But besides that the one major is the staff being more personal on a smaller ship as oppose to a larger one. We feel we are just a number on larger ship and we don't shop so don't need the stores or speciality restaurants. Each ship is great in their own way but when making your choice do you want more to do and just be a number or less to do and more personal staff attention. This is what I have encountered.

Ports Of Call

Baltimore, Maryland Did not visit port

Boarded here

Charleston, South Carolina

Loved the dolphins. No excursions because of expense and I can't walk far.

Port Canaveral, Florida Did not visit port

No interest

Freeport, Grand Bahama Island

We visited this port 6 years ago and it was a very nice port where we docked. It's built up more now with shops. The public bathrooms here were not taken care of.

Nassau, Bahamas Did not visit port

Stayed on ship

Cococay (Cruiseline's Private Island)

Thought about not getting off because of walking but I'm so glad we did. This island is picture perfect. So beautiful took my breath away. Have the chance again I will be getting off.

Disembarkation

Because I did something to my knee next to the last day and had the use of wheelchair a staff member helped me get off and didn't have to wait in line. However in terminal we were made to give back wheelchair and had to leave building immediately. So I had to try and get myself out and over to the middle where my son was picking us up without any help because my sister-in-law had to stay over in the middle with luggage. So while trying to manuvere myself I reinjured my knee. Royal normally are good with their passengers not sure why this happened.