Review of Grandeur of the Seas-Geared towards older generation

Grandeur of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

10 Night Eastern Caribbean (Baltimore Roundtrip)
Sail Date: March 30, 2016
Ship: Grandeur of the Seas
Cabin Number: 2072

Overall all I was disappointed with this cruise. There were very few activities for children young and old. The one club was closed early most nights. Few activities going on while we had the days at sea. Basically the ship was dead by 1 am. The staff was fabulous, room was nice, food was good. Overall comparing to my experience with Carnival, this is just not a cruise to take children on. Only one pool available to young ones, rock wall was closed almost every day due to weather, shows were great but again not many suited towards the younger generation. No more ice sculptures, when did that happen?  This was my first experience on Royal Carribean and I would have to say more than likely my last. I will be returning to carnvial. Overall just a much better experience with Carnival and entertainment. Having said all that,, the staff was ABSOLUTELY FABULOUS! All the way around! I would recommend for the older generation, very relaxing and quiet. Special areas just for people with no kids. I just think overall this cruise was geared toward 50+ and unfortunately we were traveling with 2 children ranging in ages from 7-10 and 3 children ranging in ages 15-19. Just not very much fun for them. In my party we had 5 adults ranging in age from 39-59, again just not much going on. Excursions and stops were fabulous, days at sea were long and boring.

staff was fabulous, room was great

I think overall the cruise was designed for an older generation. There were not many activities for the younger children, only one pool to swim in, days at sea were long and boring. I would not recommend this cruise for children.