Grandeur of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Purser

Overall an enjoyable cruise

Sail Date: March 02, 2016

The grandeur is a small older ship.  The size allows you to get around easily with in the ship as well as getting on and off.  Being an older ship the Grandeur has seen better days.  The ship looks a little worn but very clean.  I don't think the mattress have changed since the ship's initial sailing.  What shines on this ship is the staff.  Our wait staff was the best I have had on a cruise and I have cruised alot.  The mattress on our bed was killing my husband's back when I complained the matter was quickly resoved.  My only problem with my cruise was that we had  a charge on our bill for the mini bar.  We did not have enough time to dispute it since you only get it in the morning you disembark and we were the first ones off.  My suggestion is to request it be removed when you first get on if you don't plan to use it.  It just takes up space in a small cabin.  The only other compliant I had was with the crown and anchor society.  The perks at the gold level I have no interest in except the two drinks for one offer which I saved for the last night because it was my birthday.  The bartender was very rude and and believing I had already use it.  He was the only rude staff  I encountered everyone else was friendly and helpful.  All in all a very enjoyable cruise.

If you have a problem with your cabin tell the staff as soon as possible. They will try to resolve it as soon as possible. If you do not plan to use the mini bar in your cabin have it removed.
We took the St John tour and had good cruise to the island but the open air bus tour that was a nightmare. The steering wheel was duck taped and the suspension was shot and the specker was also duck taped and impossible to hear. Our second tour to St Martin on the French side was great. We went to orient Beach had a wonderful lunch.
The food in the main dinning room is good but not great. The windjammer was good but needed more variety.

You should go to guest services the night before you leave to check your bill. You will not have enough time in the morning.