wonderful time

Grandeur of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Contributor Level: Third Mate

10 Night Eastern Caribbean (Baltimore Roundtrip)
Sail Date: March 02, 2016
Ship: Grandeur of the Seas

We had a wonderful time on our 10 day trip on the Grandeur of the Seas.  I can not give the wait staff in the dining room enough accolades to equal the impression they made on us.  The room attendant was more than willing to work to our schedule, e.g. sleep late futz around until even later then food and party.

The shows were wonderful, as someone who enjoys entertainment I thoroughly enjoyed the work the young entertainers put into the shows.  The music,  singing and activity of the dancers made me exhausted just sitting in the audience.  This may not be Broadway but I can assure you that some of the actors may have a career in the legitimate theatre.

The food was excellent, regardless of any negative comments you may read, everything was well prepared and presented.  I particularly liked the portions, I left the table full but not bursting from overeating, and if you wanted to b a glutton, well seconds were perfectly acceptable.  If you want to compare fine dining to the dining room food try Chops, which could compete with any upscale, landside steak house.  My favorite extra was breakfast delivered to your room at your designated time.

The ports of call were well chosen except for Labadee, who needs a beach resort to drain your pocketbook of a few extra coin.

My biggest negative...get rid of the electric carts on board!  As a life safety professional, these have become a major threat to evacuation and passage of normal traffic in pedestrian areas.

In summation, a right sized ship, an "exceeds expectations" staff and (as I titled this review) a wonderful time.

Keep Starbucks open all night!