Everything was wonderful except the beds

Grandeur of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Grandeur of the Seas

10 Night Eastern Caribbean (Baltimore Roundtrip)

Sail Date: December 09, 2015

Ship: Grandeur of the Seas

Review Summary

I suppose I'm an experienced cruiser as I've been on 10 over the last 20 years.  \

I cannot say enough about the food, absolutely the consistently best I've ever had on a cruise ship.  Everything else was great except the beds...

Let's talk about the beds.  I am a fit and active person but over the years I have developed back problems.  We had two single beds in out ocean view room and when I saw them I immediately expected trouble.  Sagging in the middle, one was firmer that the other but both were back breakers.  I spent 3 days of the cruise hobbling around like I was 80, I'm 55.  The pain of those beds eventually lead me to sleeping on the floor.  My companion has no back problem history but he was also laid up with back pain.

I suggest you stick to the newest RC ships, hopefully their beds are no so warn out.

Ship Experiences

Great cabin, godawful beds.

Beds!

Ports Of Call

Baltimore, Maryland

Labadee (Cruiseline Private Island)

San Juan, Puerto Rico

Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas

Philipsburg, St. Maarten

Do not rent a car or attempt to drive. The island has too many cars and is one big traffic jam. Over developed, paved paradise.