Grandeur of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Great Vacation

Sail Date: December 09, 2015

We enjoyed the time we had in the Grandeur of the seas. The majority of the crew were very helpful and friendly, specially at the restaurants. Dinner time was always fun. We were under the care of Ana, April and Yilmaz, they were the best! They not only were very friendly but also very professional and always on top of things to anticipating any need we might have.  The food was delicious! You cannot miss out the specialty restaurants "Giovany's and Chops", they were the best I ever had!

The accommodations were very small, we stayed in a inside cabin which had barely enough room for our 2 large luggage, the shower was a challenge for anyone in our cruise, but specially for a big guys like me! Couple of nights, I took shower in the Spa shower which had a bigger shower. Our bed was good size but the mattress was not good at all!  I took some Aleeve to easy up the back pain in the morning.

The ship was well decorated for the season and the entertainment was top with lots of things to do throughout de day! We really enjoyed the activities and the shows this cruise offered.

The port of calls were Labadee,  we did the sea and explore excursion. The crew of the excursion were friendly  but there was not much to see,  so I would not recommend this excursion. Save your money.

In San Juan, 6 of us took a taxi cab and the driver charged  $9 USD  per person for a 2 hours excursion around the New and the Old San Juan, it was nice, he made stops for pictures and tour guided us on the sites, and we had dinner at "Agua Viva" Restaurant, they had very good seafood.

In St.Thomas we took a private cab to Megans Bay Beach. ($8/per person) This beach is nice but not much to do there, they have only one bar/restaurant.

In St. Marteen we took a private cab to Orient Beach ($8/per person) there are a lots of activities on this beach.

Over all this was an excellent cruise and especially convenient because it sailed out of Baltimore, 20 min away from home. I am looking forward to do it again.

The accommodations were very small, we stayed in a inside cabin which had barely enough room for our 2 large luggage, the shower was a challenge for anyone in our cruise, but specially for a big guys like me! Couple of nights, I took shower in the Spa which had a bigger shower. Our bed was good size but the mattress was not good at all!  I took some Aleeve to easy up the back pain in the morning.

We enjoyed the time we had in the Grandeur of the seas. The majority of the crew were very helpful and friendly, specially at the Gasby. Dinner time was always fun. We were under the care of Ana, April and Yilmaz, they were the best! They not only were very friendly but also very professional.