Grandeur of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Purser

Great cruise

Sail Date: March 31, 2015

I have no big complaints about this cruise.  The food was great; the staff was very kind and attentive in every area of the ship and everything was very clean.

Being a smaller ship, there were not as many entertainment features but still plenty to do.
I thought the food was excellent and offered many choices. I was disappointed that the ship did not have traditional Easter food on Easter Sunday.
The staff in every area of the ship was friendly and accomodating. I was impressed that even the maintenance workers said hello.
I didn't take advantage of the entertainment. I was VERY disappointed in the "Sexiest Man Contest". I thought it was tasteless and inappropriate with 300 children on board and many of them watching this from the pool deck.
Children's Programs No comment since we didn't bring children.
Our group did not participate in most activities.
We only took advantage of one excursion, the scuba trip on St. Thomas which my husband was very happy with.
Everything was clean and nice. My only negative comment is that it is difficult to get to the one side of our bed near the desk. You can easily bump your ankle trying to maneuver into that space.
Baltimore, Maryland
We just drove around touring the city.
Labadee (Cruiseline Private Island)
Food was better than the last time we were there in 2011 and it was a nice, relaxing day.
San Juan, Puerto Rico
It was nice that so many things were within walking distance. Great day.
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
It was unfortunate that we were there on Easter Sunday as the stores closed early and some were not open at all.
Philipsburg, St. Maarten
It was disappointing that we were there on Easter Monday as many of the stores were not open or closed early.

I think the last three days should be broken up with a stop somewhere. Three days is too long on the ship. My only other negative comment is that I felt that the "Sexiest Man Contest" was trashy and inappropriate.