Grand Princess Cruise Review to Alaska - Inside Passage

Came back New!!

Sail Date: July 30, 2016

I love so much of the cruise. Every thing was wonderful, the staff so nice and I enjoyed every day either at see or at port.

The only things I would say need improvement are:

I felt the main shopping guy to be shady.   At a princess store on shore  we were looking for at a ring for my husband.  The first guy at the gave a bid, then the manager gave the next which was lower. Then the princess cruise guy came out of nowhere to tell us how much he trusted the salesman and that he even bought a ring. He showed us what he was wearing it it was almost exact to the one we were looking at. Wow, what a coincidence!!

I then noticed He was never wearing that ring on any videos he was on nor when I'd see him around the boat. I asked him where his ring was and he gave me a pretty shifty response.  It was clear he had only slipped it on that day to try to make a sale. That is the only time I felt icky about the princess business.  Don't play games on your customers. We are smart enough to see through it.

We got the interior to save money. We knew it was iffy. We loved the room.
No complaints and actually having pitch darkness to sleep in helped us to sleep in more than normal.
Did not utilize them
San Francisco, California
I live in the area so no comment
Ketchikan, Alaska
Juneau, Alaska
Skagway, Alaska
Cruise Tracy Arm Fjord, Alaska
We were not able to see it due to ice and the we slept through the other place we went instead. That was dissapinting
Victoria, British Columbia

I would tell my friends to watch out for sales scams. I've told you about the shopping guy. But also thing like the cleanse sold on the boat that you have to pay 700.00 dollars for and you are told you can only get it there. I got in online for 150.00