Grand Princess Cruise Review to Alaska - Inside Passage

Third Mate

Second Alaska Cruise on Princess

Sail Date: July 10, 2016

The service provided on Princess is second to none.  The staff bent over backwards to ensure our comfort and that all of our needs were met.  We also enjoyed the ports-of-call and thoroughly enjoyed each one.  While this most recent cruise lived up to most of the expectations that I had following my previous Alaska Cruise (Sun Princess, 1998), the food did not entirely meet expectation.  Most evenings the entre ordered was acceptable but not outstanding as I had remembered from my Sun Princess experience, and two evenings we were a bit disappointed (rib-eye steak, salmon).  The rib-eye was tough, the salmon very over--cooked and dry.  On the evenings when the biil-of-fare did not interest us, we enjoyed pizza at Alfredo's on the Plaza deck, and we found the pizzas there to be excellent.

Overall, we enjoyed our stay on the Grand Princess, and my greatest "complaint" is that the ten days passed by much too quickly.  We look forward to planning another Princess Cruise in the not-too-distant future.

The cabin was nice, and Norman did an outstanding job taking care of us.