Grand Princess Cruise Review to Alaska - Inside Passage

Consummate must not mean what I think it means.

Sail Date: June 29, 2014

The cruise started with the typical muster station drill in a mid deck lounge with a not so typical bucket on the floor to catch dripping water from the ceiling. We would feel wet carpet and see drippy pipes frequently during the voyage.

We went to soak our travel weary bodies in a hot tub only to find the jets didn't work. None of them did. Anywhere on the ship. Anytime during the cruise. Others asked attendants to see about fixing them and they would agree, disappear and never show up again.

The pools were ok. Towels for the indoor pool were incoveniently placed on the second deck, as well as the dirty towel bin. Why?my son went in the evening whereupon he found no towels. He asked an attendant and again the guy disappear on the premise of getting some and never reappeared.

Entertainment was a bit weak. Only the final show, British invasion, and one of the Jazz bands was any good I thought.  In fact, the lounge band lead singer was do lazy I heard more from the patrons than him.

Our room and room attendant were probably the best part of our trip. He was very personable and was attentive to the room.

The casino was apparently the ship smoking pit. A small and not lively room with none of the typical gambling airs, we decided not to go in it more than we needed to. Even I know a casino shouldn't have windows!

Food was ok. For some reason, our waiter was the least friendly of any cruise we've ever done. Just really didn't try or warm up. I sensed he gave the same treatment to other tables. On our penultimate dinner, we were told the final dinner was cancelled, and we were to make arrangements elsewhere on the ship!  That was unbelievable. We had a real hassle getting into the other dining rooms that final night.

Describe themselves as consummate hosts? I hardly think so.

Old. Needs update and apparently repairs.
Buffet was fine. Maybe a bit monotonous. Meals were hit and miss. Some good some bad. Waiter was weak
Our room attendant was great but everyone else really didn't seem to bring it to the table.
There were good singers and dancers but it didn't come together. The technicians did a pretty lousy job I thought. The final show was a slight recovery. The jazz band they brought in was very good though.
Our attendant, Dede was the highlight of the cruise. Very personable and hardworking. Good thing he's one of the closest interfaces with the passenger.
The room looked through a life raft outside. That's quite a bit of blocked view and light
Seattle, Washington
It's not easy to get to the dock
Ketchikan, Alaska
Cruise Tracy Arm Fjord, Alaska
Juneau, Alaska
Skagway, Alaska
Victoria, British Columbia
Saying it was a 55 min walk to town scared many people from seeing it. It's 20 really.