Freedom of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Freedom of the Seas Experience

Sail Date: April 03, 2016

The room steward, Avionne was amazing.  The room was very comfortable, the beds (real beds, not glorified cots) were so much nicer than some of the other cruise lines.

We were disappointed with the television shows on TV.  They must have been on a loop because it played the same shows over and over and over. I know that their thoughts were not to hang in the room, but during the evening time, we like to watch TV prior to bedtime, unfortunately that didn't happen.

I was impressed with the water pressure in our shower, nice and strong.

The gourmet restaurant, Giovanni's, was terrific, the waiters and the food were great.  The buffet could have been better, that was disappointing.  The food was warm at best.  Except for a few changes daily, the buffet carried the same things all week.

All in all, we enjoyed the cruise, so much in fact, we booked another cruise while on the ship!

Our cabin was large enough so you didn't feel claustrophobic. It was comfortable and inviting. It actually had plenty of storage which is really different than other cruise lines.
Was not impressed with the buffet. The dining room, room service, and gourmet restaurants were amazing.
Port Canaveral, Florida
Cococay (Cruiseline's Private Island) We did not get off the ship at Cococay because of a sudden rain storm.
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
The water at the beaches were calm and smooth. You can take a raft out and just relax.
Philipsburg, St. Maarten
The beaches here had significant waves. I enjoyed playing in them.

The Freedom of the Seas was a very clean cruise ship, There was never a time when I was walking around the ship that I did not see an employee cleaning.
My tip would be to get up early enough to go on deck and secure lounge chairs. There never was enough to go around.

1 Comment