Not at all what I expected from Royal Caribbean. Very disappointed.

Freedom of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

7 Night Western Caribbean (Port Canaveral Roundtrip)
Sail Date: December 07, 2014
Ship: Freedom of the Seas
The ship had mechanical issues with one of its engines. What made matters worse is they didn't even tell us until the day of when we got to the port. Each port of call was shortened as a result. Also, because of a medical emergency we missed Cozumel entirely. I understand that medical emergencies are beyond the cruise line's control and getting that person medical care is of the utmost importance, but I felt the cruise line hid behind that. Yes, that was an unexpected thing that happened, but had your engine been working properly you would have still been in Grand Cayman or would have just left. The family could have gotten medical care a lot sooner and we would have still made it to Cozumel.
Also, the customer service on board left a lot to be desired. I ordered a special romance package where certain items were supposed to be delivered to the stateroom and I had to ask two separate time for them to deliver the right stuff.
The soda machines on the boat were cool, but the ones of Deck 5 consistently had problems and were either out of order or the cups wouldn't register in the machine.
The little "thank yous" you get for being a Crown and Anchor " member seem to not be as good. They no longer give you the booklet, just a piece of paper. When we tried to use one of the coupons they said we couldn't because that item was already on sale.
I could go on and on, but bottom line, very disappointed. My husband and I will cruise Disney next time. Disney is a better experience over all and they have pretty good customer service.

We liked the food in the restaurant and our servers were great. Windjammer food was so-so. Chops was awesome.

Considering they had to unexpectedly add another sea day they could have done a little better with the activities.

The ice show was cool.

N/A

Our server and assistant server were awesome. We had a bumpy start with our cabin steward, but after that he was great.

Overall, the ship was clean, but the soda machines frequently had issues

Stateroom was OK for the most part. Had a few issues at the beginning, but they got resolved.

This ship is going into dry dock at the end of December anyhow. Hopefully when it goes back into rotation all of the issues are fixed.

Had no issues with the port.
Private island was cool, just everything was too expensive.
We enjoyed this port.
Didn't get off the boat because we were only there for such a short time. Last tender was 1:45pm.

Cozumel, Mexico Did not visit port

Missed this port because of the medical emergency.