We had a really nice time

Freedom of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

7 Night Western Caribbean (Miami Roundtrip)
Sail Date: February 25, 2007
Ship: Freedom of the Seas
The Freedom of the Seas is a beautiful ship. We expected this and were not disappointed. We felt that most of the food we ate (even in the Windjammer) was a bit better than our other cruises. Omelettes in the Windjammer were as good or better than any I've ever had. And I eat a lot of omelettes!

We really enjoyed the new kids area (called the H2O Zone). As adults, we were also able to enjoy the pools and I saw many teenagers there also. The wave pool (can't remember the name) was a little beyond most children. We didn't use that at all.

Our waiter (Amar) was just so polite and personable. He made sure we had anything we asked for. We have always had wonderful waiters on our Royal Caribbean cruises and he was perfect. Thanks, Amar!

Our room was smaller than what we have had before. That was a bit disappointing. Also, the size of the ship just seemed to change the vibes a bit. It just didn't seem as lively as our other cruise. We missed the Karaoke finals that the Voyager and Navigator had. That was such an enjoyable evening. The magician was excellent though and the reviews were good too.

We made use of the family portraiture on this cruise. A photographer Anita took great casual photos of our family. She is excellent!

Something for people sensitive to smoking should note - there just seemed to be more second-hand smoke on this cruise. I must say, there should not be this much inside smoking allowed. It was bothersome. The weather was so beautiful that it wasn't necessary to have that much indoor smoking.

All in all, we had a wonderful time, but liked our other cruises a little better. Our daughter (14 years old) loved the ship though.

Seven Mile Beach while beautiful was way too crowded. Our beach chairs were touching the next person's. Also, the lunch is just not worth the money. However, it is better than the other excursions.
Don't Miss: Seven Mile Beach.
Don't Miss: Seven Mile Beach.
My daughter loved her swim with the dolphin and my friend and I liked Playa Mia. It was a good value for what we paid for.
It doesn't matter what you do here. This is paradise! My Husband and daughter parasailed - loved it. I went to the more adult beach - beautiful and the kids beach is just as wonderful. Relaxing for the adults while the kids had a blast.
Don't Miss: The beautiful beaches.
Don't Miss: The beautiful beaches.
Dunn's River is good if it isn't raining. We went last year and it poured. Since we were also doing shopping after, we froze on the a/c bus. I would have preferred just doing the climb.

Pros: New pizza parlor, H2O Zone

Cons: New Larger size seemed to limit entertainment options

Recommends Freedom of the Seas? Yes!