Freedom of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

what a blast!

Sail Date: February 25, 2007

We just got back from sailing on the Freedom of the Seas and we had a blast. The only thing bad I can say about our trip and this ship: there is too much to do and see in just one week!! The flowrider is more fun than it looks (hard to believe isn't it?) and the rock climbing wall is really a challenge. It was nice to have booked the excursions ahead of time online so we didn't have to run around deciding what to do when we got to the ship. The entertainment on board was excellent and could compete with any production on land. When you're standing in the royal promenade during a parade watching a rock band appear out of the ceiling and the guitarist starts flying after which a couple performs acrobatic stunts that Cirque du Soleil would be envious of you have to pinch yourself to believe you are on a ship sailing the caribbean!
I have been on many cruises before (Holland America and other Royal Caribbean) and all I can say about the Freedom is: I want to go again!!!!

Pros: The flowrider

Cons: tendering at Cayman

Recommends Freedom of the Seas? Yes!

George Town, Grand Cayman
Again, good diving with laid back crew. Just wish there weren't so many cruise ships around, the water and reefs seemed a little crowded. Didn't go into town because I had been there before but I bet it was pretty busy there too!
Labadee (Cruiseline Private Island)
Had a good time on the waverunners, very well organised with lots of things to do. Didn't stay long though, wanted to enjoy the ship with most people gone!
Went diving, beautiful crystal clear water, great reefs with nice caves and swim throughs. Dive crew was very good, laid back and didn't make you come back up with half a tank full of air. Didn't visit the town, had been there before.
George Town, Grand Cayman
Labadee (Cruiseline Private Island)