Transpacific from Sydney to Seattle on RCL Explorer of the Seas

Sail Date: April 22, 2018

Ship: Explorer of the Seas

Cabin Type: Suite

Review Summary

We did my-time dining because we enjoy meeting different people. We enjoyed meeting lots of fun-loving, jovial, kind Aussies. Prior to the cruise, we spent 16 days in Australia. I could move there...everyone is so friendly, nice and funny. Great country! The food on the ship was excellent. The few nights when the dining room menu didn't have anything my husband nor I were interested in, we went to the Windjammer and had a delicious meal. Our cabin steward was probably the best we've had on any sailing.

Embarkation

Ship Experiences

This was probably the first cruise I've been on (and I've been on many) where all the staff seemed happy to be working on this ship and greeted you with smiles and a cheery good morning, good evening, etc.

Ports Of Call

Sydney, Australia

Noumea, New Caledonia

We took an onshore tour (less expensive than a ship excursion) of Noumea which included a stop at the Cultural Center. It was a very nice tour that included a hop-on-hop-off ticket to further explore Noumea. There are nice shops and restaurants near the port. The locals were very friendly.

Lifou Isle, New Caledonia

We took a ship's excursion to the cliffs of Jokin. The guide was excellent. The locals were very nice. It's just a very simple island...not much there.

Mystery Island, Vanuatu

Beautiful water the snokeling was excellent. The island was clean and the friendly locals had fun and interesting services available such as taking your picture in a cannibal's port or getting a massage.

Suva, Fiji

We walked to the Museum of Fiji which was excellent! The city was clean and the locals very friendly. There are many nice shops in town.

Lautoka, Fiji Islands

The ship docked far from the town. The port area is not very nice. Some friends took a ship's excursion to snorkel and enjoyed that. Others who toured the parks were not impressed.

Honolulu, Oahu

This was my first time in Hawaii and I enjoyed hiking Diamond Head, snorkeling at Hanauma Bay, walking Waikiki beach, visiting Pearl Harbor and eating at Duke's on Waikiki Beach at sunset.

Lahaina, Maui

We arrived on a rainy day with high surfs so we didn't snorkel as planned. There are many tourist shops near where the tenders arrive that were nice. The highlight for us was going to the Old Lahaina Luau, which was EXCELLENT!

Seattle, Washington Did not visit port

I've been to Seattle before so we took a flight home. In the past, we visited the Boeing Museum which was excellent.

Disembarkation