Great cruise

Explorer of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

invalid-36027
Sail Date: April 17, 2009
We really had a great time. The shows were great. Ports of call were great. No real complaints. The ship was almost too big.

I thought he food would have been better. Don't get me wrong, the food was very good. It is just that so many people said the food on RCL is the best. Too be honest the food on Disney and NCL was better on my prior cruises. Maybe it is harder to cook for so many people.

Room was bigger than I expected.
Shopping is incredible. We loved Saphire beach.
This was our favorite port. The mainland is a waste of time other than buying a few things from pushy vendors. The ship has an excursion to an island Cayo Levantado which was fantastic. Worth the cost.
We also loved this. The only problem is they are building it up too much. The are preparing for their new ships which have 6000 guests. Pretty soon it is going to look like Disney. I am sure it was nicer when it was just a beach.
The fort is great but the grounds around it were very dirty. The locals should take better care of their beautiful island. Old San Juan is picturesque.

Pros: Departure Port, Kids program

Cons: The coffee. Otherwise all was great

Recommends Explorer of the Seas? Yes!