NOT GREAT

Eurodam Cruise Review to Alaska - Inside Passage

Cruises: 1 cruise (first)

Overall rating:

Eurodam

7 Night Alaskan Explorer With Glacier Bay (Seattle Roundtrip)

Sail date: September 22, 2018

Ship: Eurodam

Cabin type: Balcony

Cabin number: 5136

Traveled as: Couple

Review summary

1st of all the agent I dealt with on gave me wrong information About the dollar amount of gratuity. Also we were not going to sail on Holland America and we're going to sail own possibly carnival but my agent on whose name is Toni recommended that we use Holland America. It was mine and my husband's 1st cruise and not the best experience. The food was terrible the shows were just OK and fact we left during one of the shows because it wasn't great. We had 2 good stewards that cleaned our room and 1 good waiter. The places we went to were great but the 1st 2 nights on the ship I actually went to bed hungry. My husband is not a picky eater and he didn't even like the food. We talked to several people on that ship and they were all complaining about the food . Not sure how anyone can mess up steamed white rice but they managed to do it on that ship. Will not sail on the Eurodam again and maybe not even Holland America after this experience. Both my husband and I were also lied to from Pablo at guest services on this ship offering us a meal at one of the upper tier restaurants and then after we made our selection he told us that we only could pick from 2 of the 4 restaurants, he also told us that he had already mentioned that which he never did to either me or my husband. Then he kept arguing with us so I hung up on. Him. Needless to say we received nothing and never got a call from anyone else. We talked with a couple owned the ship one morning at breakfast and he told us this was their 15th crews and the 1st time on this ship and it was also the last time because it was the worst ship he had been on. He said they food was terrible and customer service was terrible. We feel the same way. Thanks Holland America and for screwing up our 1st cruise.

Embarkation