Good Cruise, Great Food, Excellent Ports of Call

Eurodam Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

7 Night Eastern Caribbean (Ft. Lauderdale Roundtrip)
Sail Date: December 17, 2016
Ship: Eurodam

This was our first time to cruise with Holland America Line.  We probably will not cruise with them again.

Please see the individual comments for items below for more information

Food was great. We didn't get anything bad, and we didn't get sick. Big Plus! :)

not good at all. It's definitely not Carnival or Norwegian. Not very upbeat. Very Slow paced. I think we only saw the cruise director once and the assistant cruise director twice. If you are looking for slow pace, only relax, and time to yourself then this would be a good fit.

Very Disappointing. minimal entertainment and what was there was not very good at all.

No children, so no comments. I did recognize that it was small area for the children. Very minimal entertainment for them. I would say this isn't a great cruise line for small children. I'm sure most of the ones we did see were bored out of their minds.

Stewards were great. We did however encounter some rude staff on Lido deck Buffet. but, otherwise all was OK. Most staff was very blah... Kind of like it was there 1 millionth cruise and they couldn't wait for it to me over. We are use to having up beat happy service and staff.

Typical cruise ship. smaller spaces, not very Grand. Felt cramped at times.. I've been on much bigger ships and twice and many passengers and it was not every cramped.

Cabin was your typical interior cabin. I think we had a little more space in this cabin than we've had on other cruise lines. Room service worked but the food was not very good at all. Save yourself some misery and just take the trek down to the buffet and get your own food and bring it back to the room.

One good thing about the Eurodam is that every day they have a "Happy Hour" Buy one drink and they bring you a second for $2 plus all the gratuites of course. ;) I think the hours were at 4pm and 9pm (1 hour each) "Crow's Nest Bar" was were we always went.

Uber and Lyft will take you to and from the Terminal if you need it. We paid for a Taxi and found out Uber and Lyft would work too. Spent way too much money on taxi to and from.
Time frame is Too Long.
This place is Beautiful! Best place for the whole cruse. Wish we had more time there. Best Beach I've ever been too and I've been to a lot of beaches. Only down thing is everything costs money. water sports, food, drinks of course, etc..... Wish they offered some kind of "all inclusive" type package you could get for the island when your there to include drinks, food, watersports, etc..... This island is basically an extension to the ship. All you need is your ship card. No cash. Maybe cash for the shopping areas, not sure didn't buy anything.