Eurodam Cruise Review to Europe - Western Mediterranean

first time on a holland america ship

Sail Date: October 21, 2016

Reviewed: 1 month ago

Room Type: Suite

The Eurodam is a really beautiful ship. The staff was attentive, kind and helpful.They have lovely specialty restaurants. with delicious food at an increased price.  Enjoyed all the lovely bars,spa, and wonderful concierge club . however i have a big complaint about the main dining room..beautiful but crowded, long lines and food adequate at best except for formal nights. I did not like going to my beautiful Neptune suite and see bottles of water with price tags... charging for water and soda is ridiculous. We travel so much on Regent, Silver Seas and Seabourne where  everything is all inclusive including tours. As the price for this ship is less than those other ships but still has as high  a quality, I don't mind paying for liquor and wine..but the water and soda is not acceptable.

I was quite dismayed to find i was put in a handicapped suite...i fought it, but got it anyway. However other than a few changes and the ridiculous toilet in the shower...the room was lovely. Next time I want room 7060. Ha!
very good disembarking.... embarking in Barcelona was a mess.. but that is barcelonas fault not ship
loved the whole ship.. classy, well decorated and laid out...except for the classical music area which is aa a high trafficked noisy spot.
loved all destinations exceptGilbralter...why bother.. and those monkeys may be members of the great apes, but they are monkeys.
for those like my husband who could not do tours... there was nothing much to do..he can watch movie in his room. Where were the lectures during day..no bridge . He went to a few computer classes. and i was looking forward to culinary classes...hmmm..there were 2 basic demonstration days.
you need to get some class acts for the main theater. preferably ones with understandable accents. the bar and lounge entertainers were quite good. spent most of our time there
Our room attendants batch and rama and especially the concierge Patrick and Christine. Charming.
main dining room was barely adequate. Private and specialty restaurants great.

We loved the crows nest..cocktail s and snacks..pay for one get second for 1$..come on guys..a dollar!! make it a real 2 for one. those little things were talked about incessantly by your clients. called nickel and dimeing. and don't ask me to buy the bottle when i order a glass of wine at pool.