first time on a holland america ship

Eurodam Cruise Review to Europe - Western Mediterranean

Contributor Level: Third Mate

7 Night Gems Of Spain (Barcelona Roundtrip)
Sail Date: October 21, 2016
Ship: Eurodam
Cabin Type: Suite

The Eurodam is a really beautiful ship. The staff was attentive, kind and helpful.They have lovely specialty restaurants. with delicious food at an increased price.  Enjoyed all the lovely bars,spa, and wonderful concierge club . however i have a big complaint about the main dining room..beautiful but crowded, long lines and food adequate at best except for formal nights. I did not like going to my beautiful Neptune suite and see bottles of water with price tags... charging for water and soda is ridiculous. We travel so much on Regent, Silver Seas and Seabourne where  everything is all inclusive including tours. As the price for this ship is less than those other ships but still has as high  a quality, I don't mind paying for liquor and wine..but the water and soda is not acceptable.

main dining room was barely adequate. Private and specialty restaurants great.

for those like my husband who could not do tours... there was nothing much to do..he can watch movie in his room. Where were the lectures during day..no bridge . He went to a few computer classes. and i was looking forward to culinary classes...hmmm..there were 2 basic demonstration days.

you need to get some class acts for the main theater. preferably ones with understandable accents. the bar and lounge entertainers were quite good. spent most of our time there

Our room attendants batch and rama and especially the concierge Patrick and Christine. Charming.

loved the whole ship.. classy, well decorated and laid out...except for the classical music area which is aa a high trafficked noisy spot.

I was quite dismayed to find i was put in a handicapped suite...i fought it, but got it anyway. However other than a few changes and the ridiculous toilet in the shower...the room was lovely. Next time I want room 7060. Ha!

We loved the crows nest..cocktail s and snacks..pay for one get second for 1$..come on guys..a dollar!! make it a real 2 for one. those little things were talked about incessantly by your clients. called nickel and dimeing. and don't ask me to buy the bottle when i order a glass of wine at pool.