Eurodam Cruise Review to Europe - Eastern Mediterranean

Not bad for a first cruise

Sail Date: July 17, 2016

Overall experience was good because I was traveling with dear friends who are seasoned cruisers and had already been aboard for 12 days by the time I arrived.  They had had serious problems with their original suite, and as a result, I benefited since the hotel director and captain went out of their way to offer amenities and additional privileges - champagne, sweets, savories, flowers, Neptune Lounge access, complimentary dinner and drinks one evening in the Pinnacle Grill - that I would not have enjoyed otherwise.  We were very disappointed because the stops in Istanbul and Kusadasi were cancelled, as was the cruise through the Dardanelles - and those were the elements we were most looking forward to.  The best part was being at sea - and watching the full moon reflect on the water.  The worst part - the wildly out-of-control children running up and down the stateroom corridors and through the Lido Restaurant.  Avoid any sailing that might coincide with school holidays!

Air-conditioning went out-of-control cold. Verandah deck could have been cleaner and the plexi-glass beneath the railing was quite streaky and could have used a good wash. Interior was comfortable enough although the mattress should be flipped or turned - there was a dent on the side near the phone. Sofa/settee was also getting a little tired.
Very disappointed that Istanbul and Kusadasi were cancelled. We got a little weary of yet more destinations in Greece. Only participated in one excursion which was OK but generally they were over-priced.
Main Stage was so disappointing one evening we never went back. The quintet in Lincoln Center Stage was very good, but the repertoire was a bit limited, and was repackaged under different program titles.
Staff was generally friendly and efficient. There were some awkward moments one evening in Canaletto, which may have been because it was very busy, but if you have to pay a premium - even a small one - for a dining experience, you expect seamless.
Overall the food was good - considering how large the ship is.
Venice, Italy
Katakolon (Olympia), Greece
Piraeus (Athens), Greece
Cruise Dardanelles
I think I would have loved this part - but we never made it - this portion of the cruise was cancelled. VERY disappointed.
Istanbul, Turkey
We never made it - this stop was cancelled. I remember being fascinated by everything about the city when I visited 5 years ago. VERY disappointed not to have been able to see it again.
Santorini, Greece