Eurodam Cruise Review to Europe - Northern Europe

Third Mate

Eurodam was not what I expected

Sail Date: May 31, 2013

By many cruise critics, Eurodam is rated between 4.5 and 5 stars. Myself and my wife have been on over 20 cruises, many of them over 10 day cruises and on 8 different cruiselines (Costa, Royal Caribbean, Carnival, MSC, Princess, Norwegian, Celebrity and Holland America).

Comparing all of these cruises, I rate Eurodam 3 stars. Being one of their newer, larger and "spacious" ships, I was very disappointing at the available public and open spaces. They filled their entire ship with staterooms.

We always stay in a balcony stateroom and Eurodam's was definitely the smallest room I have ever seen.

Food was terrible. 98% of the food menu items are the same in the dining rooms and buffet. There was limited choices of food and most of the time tasteless. We ate at some of their specialty (with fee) restaurants and in addition to the food not being very "special", it was also in very small quantity. After eating at a specialty restaurant, we always visited the buffet to "complete" our dinner (we are both under 170 pounds :-) )

They packed much of the public space so tight that they had allocated a small section of the Lido buffet area to their Italian Specialty restaurant and their "steak house" was at the side of the center stare cases and looked like an basic open area lounge. Nothing "Special" about these restaurants.

Entertainment was ok, but nothing amazing. the BB King Blues Lounge was good entertainment for couple of nights.