Enchantment of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Our short trip was... cut even shorter.

Sail Date: January 15, 2016

Overall food quality was poor to fair at most of the eating experiences; Winjammer's Cafe and Your Own Time Seating.  The smaller "kiosk" type food was better... but still not "good".  The on-board specialty dining (Chops Grille) was excellent, both for the quality of food as well as the service.

Overall customer service was good.  Most crew we encountered were helpful and courteous.  Our stateroom attendant (Michael) was very good.  Did a nice job of making us feel welcome and took good care of the stateroom.

The entertainment activities rank as "okay".  They seemed to be tailored to a younger/single crowd so very possible it was just a bad fit for my wife and I.

Bad weather conditions (obviously not the fault of the cruise line) forced the cancellation of one of our two ports of call (CocoCay).  The backup plan for this situation was very poorly communicated and seemed to be thrown together last minute.  There should have been better forethought put into these types of situations.

The bad weather also made for an very bumpy cruse for the whole last day and pretty much all the way into port.  It did sour the event very much for me.

Related to the bad weather... I have thus far (still attempting to work this out with the cruise line) been unable to get a refund (~$300) for a Couples Massage that my wife and I were unable to partake in due to the unsafe conditions on deck.  Apparently the hypocrisy of my having to deal with the cancellation of a port of call due to weather is in no way related to their having to deal with a  cancellation on my part... for the exact same reason.

This current situation is making it difficult for me to book our next cruise and was the cause of me not doing so during the "Next Cruise" events while on ship.

Port Canaveral, Florida
Cococay (Cruiseline's Private Island)
Didn't actually get to visit the island.... thus the frowny face.
Do some research here and pick an activity that isn't walking around the blocks close to the port. It is a very depressed area and not at all worth visiting. In retrospect (given the cancellation of CocoCay) I would have planned for something more involved while in Nassau.

1 Comment