Enchantment of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Appeals to older generation

Sail Date: September 15, 2014

Traveled As: Family w/young children

This was my 6th cruise and my first ever on RCL.  I had read tons of reviews and heard from friends/family about how much they LOVED RCL cruise line.  Well I was not  all that impressed.  Most of the day time entertainment was geared towards cruisers in their 7th and 8th decade of live.  I don't know if it was due to the time of year we sailed, but this ship was packed with older generational cruisers.  The food was edible but nothing to brag about.  My kids did not enjoy the kids area. Activities were poorly planned and boring.  We have a tween and 9 year old. Our stateroom was very nice. I forgot what the cabin number was, but it was nicely appointed with plenty of storage and a balcony that fit all four of us at once.  One night we ventured out to the adults only game show and it was HILARIOUS! That show was the highlight of our trip! My husband brought the cup for the unlimited soda and that was well worth it!!  Over 100 drinking choices!! We attended all the shows and they were ok.

On the captains dinner night, we ate at the main dining room and they did not offer lobster.  What a disappointment.  We dined in the main dining room every night.  Nothing we ate was exceptionally good. Including the deserts. My kids did the bungee jump and rock wall once.  They said the bungee jump cords were uncomfortable around their legs.  I did not like the fact that the ice cream bar wasn't 24 hours and they didn't offer 24 hour pizza/snacks either.

Overall, this was not a bad experience and not the best either. I would go again if the price was right.

Each cruise caters to different crowds.  Research the ships prior to booking for a better experience.

Activities were poorly planned. My kids said they were bored.
The water slide was over priced and the water island area was closed due to an infestation of starfish.
Port Canaveral, Florida
Arrive early to avoid long lines and wait times.
Cococay (Cruiseline's Private Island)

Go to the shows early to secure decent seating up front. Purchase the drink cup because it is well worth it!