Enchantment of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Third Mate

Good Experience

Sail Date: September 15, 2014

I did not find this boat to be shabby or unkempt at all.  I really enjoyed our short little getaway on this ship.  The room was of a decent size and the cabin was always kept tidy.  We were offered to have a fresh bucket of ice in our room twice a day as we did bring our allotted two bottles of wine onboard.  We did book a snorkeling excursion on Coco Cay and after arriving and receiving equipment was told "oh and by the way its jelly fish season"  I walked to the edge and could view at least 10 right away, I complained and asked for a refund.  They did not give me any trouble about that but they were trying to rent me a wet suit at a discount but honestly your neck, forearms and calfs would still be exposed.  There were many who got stung, not my idea of how to spend my vacation.  I wished they would have advised us on the ship beforehand as I wouldn't have bothered.

The food was fair to be honest, nothing special at all. The apps and desserts were occasionally better than the entrees.  All the sauces or gravies seem to be of the same preprocessed tasting vendor.  For instance on the last night it was Italian night and I ordered Lasagna.  It was comprised of layered noodles and ground beef in sauce only, not a bit of cheese.  It tasted similar to beefaroni in a can from when I was a kid.  The waiters were excellent and always offered to bring something else, even if I didn't make mention of not liking the entrée.  The midnight buffet was not even worth it, hotdogs cut up in barbecue sauce, tuna salads, etc.  Not what I remember the grandness of Midnight buffets on ships to be with the beautiful chocolate fountains, etc.  I had been told be a relative that went on the same ship that lunchtime in the dining room upstairs had an extensive and delicious salad bar but when I went to it, they offered chilled bowls with three types of lettuce, the next server asked what you wanted for dressing, the next simply chopped it up, then the only topping choices were tuna, tomatoes, cucumbers, and one other thing that I honestly cant remember.  Breakfast was exactly the same offering each morning and was pretty good.

All in all we really enjoyed this cruise. We only walked around Nassau and the shops for while as it was about to pour so we didn't take the trip to Atlantis.  I was only disappointed in the food but everything else was enjoyable.  Again the food wasn't horrible, just not that good.  The saying of quantity not quality comes to mind.

Cruise Photos

Very clean
See my review , it wasnt bad but not sure about ok either
Our cabin steward Leon and waiter Nilesh were excellent for the entire trip
There were shows that werent my cup of tea but there were plenty of other options.
Children's Programs N/A
Roomier than I expected for not having a patio.
Port Canaveral, Florida
Stay at the Radisson Port, you can leave your car there safely and avoid paying the daily port parking charges
Cococay (Cruiseline's Private Island)
Avoid the jellyfish
All there really is here unless your planning on purchasing diamonds is visit tourist shops, even the straw market looks like an outside tourist shop now, more t shirts, trinkets than straw items

If you are early enough in the dining room for breakfast, they have the same food in the buffet there that the waiter will offer from the menu and you will not have to wait for whole table to order and be served when your trying to get off on an excursion