Enchantment of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Not the Same Cruise Line

Sail Date: October 13, 2014

I thought Royal Carribean was a better cruise line than Carnaval but I am not sure that it is after this cruise we took in October. Gone are the ice sculptures that we once knew. One mid-night buffet that had limited choices of food. It seems like just plan drinking water is available at certain times of the day. Help yourself to coffee, ice tea, lemonade and water is also gone. You have to wait in line to get an attendant to pour you this single serving. Everyone congregates around a table to clutter up the area while others are trying to get around you to the food line. Carnaval let's you help yourself to this. Attendants cleaning off tables use your cloth napkin to clean off your table when you leave. Do they realize people use this on their face, nose, mouth and these germs are spread on the table by an attendant that doesn't use gloves. RC must have a high number of sick service people because they are no protected from people with colds, flu, etc. RC should spray the tables with dissenfectant to clean off tables. One service person politely got my wife a 2nd cup of coffee and I told her he was picking up peoples utensils, plates, napkins, etc and then handled her cup handle. I told her not to drink the coffee.  The food was bland...eggs didn't taste right, no real dishes in the main dining room for vegetarians (like my wife) unless you wanted to eat pasta every night. She finally said she didn't want to eat in the main dinning room any more so I missed out on some of the finer dinners because we ate in the Windjammer. Also, the 5 beer bucket doesn't exist either. I saw no buckets on deck in ice. The waiters were good but it took about 15 minutes to get your drink on the deck if you were in a lounge chair. Then they had to come back about 10 minutes later for you to sigh your check with their 18% gratuity added and most often we gave the waiter another 1 to 2 dollars as a tip becuase I am sure they don't get the full 18% tip. It's probably shared with the bar tender and RC pockets. RC needs to improve and go back the the old days.

We paid $100 more than what we could have paid if we went on the excursion without paying for it with RC. Book it yourself. RC is gouging you.
Port Canaveral, Florida
Cococay (Cruiseline's Private Island)
snorkling over priced, bring your own equipment for free next time