Enchantment of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Great first time experience

Sail Date: July 29, 2010

This was my first cruise and I was glad it was for 9 nights and not shorter. The beginning and end were each two days at sea, with the stops in ports in between. This allowed for some "down time" so we could relax and not have to be scrambling to get to tours. The ship is beautiful and well taken care of, with good responsive staff and good food. My tours overall were well organized and on time, but it would have been nice to have had more time to explore. The Labadee stop was terrific, I wish we had had more time there to just enjoy the water and amenities. Good vacation value for the money and a treat to be able to drive from my home to the Baltimore port and just get on the ship. I will cruise again.

Pros: Food, the pools and the enrichment lectures on antiques and jewelry

Cons: Too short time in ports

Recommends Enchantment of the Seas? Yes!

The staterooms are really small, so two to a room is plenty, unless they are all children.
There were good dining options and snacks easily accessible throughout the day.
We think the speaker on antiques and jewelry was great. The nightly shows were well done, very professional.
San Juan, Puerto Rico
We had so little time in this port, we choose the walking tour and it was nice, but would have liked more time to explore.
Labadee (Cruiseline Private Island)
We would have enjoyed two days of this island.
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
We took the "Best of St. Thomas" tour, it was mostly just being driven around to touristy shopping sites. Next time, I will do one of the beach visits or St. John visit.
Samana, Dominican Republic
We loved our tour of the caves and mangrove forest, but it started too late and we ended up with virtually no beach time. Don't pay for the version of this tour that includes beach time.