Emerald Princess Cruise Review to Europe - Mediterranean

Purser

Not enough time :)

Sail Date: September 12, 2015

We had a lovely cruise. Everyone on board was so friendly. I thought the food was MOSTLY good. My husband and I both work in high end restaurants, so we are naturally a little snobby, and we know that. We accept that it's very large numbers and all that. BUT I would recommend not listing things on a menu just to make it sound fancy if you don't put it in the dish. Saying that a salad is made of endive and goat cheese, and then serving a romaine salad is not the same. My husband ordered something with veal sweetbreads, and it was simply dark meat chicken. Most people wouldn't notice these things, but we did. Other than that, I thought it was quite good.

The beds were comfy, our room was cleaned perfectly, the drinks were MOSTLY good, I thought the cocktails could be improved upon, but again, as that is my business, I am a bit snobby in that respect. It would be interesting to see how a ship with "craft cocktails" would do. Call me if you ever need help with that ;)

The only other thing that was tough was the 7 am wakeup for ports of call only to have a few hours once you got there. I would be interested in a cruise that stopped for maybe a day and a half and you could either book a room in say Rome, or come back to the boat. We left pretty early every day, and only ended up with I think 3 hours in Rome after something like 2.5 hours on trains and busses each way.

Overall, we loved it, and will be back again. Great Staff, great experience.

just fine, bigger than we expected, would've liked a queen instead of two twins since we were on our honeymoon, but it was fine.
too much time to reach each spot. We loved Montenegro because it was small, charming, and so easy to walk around. I would like to see more ports that are immediately accessible, rather than have to take a train or a bus.
could be geared a little bit more to younger crowd. The old fogies loved it, it was a little cheesy for us 30-somethings
see above
Barcelona, Spain
Marseille (Provence), France
Gross town, we went to Cassis in a taxi. It was VERY expensive. Figure out a train first.
Livorno (Florence & Pisa), Italy
AGAIN: very far.
Civitavecchia (Rome), Italy
LONG TRAIN RIDE
Kotor, Montenegro
ABSOLUTELY LOVED IT
Piraeus (Athens), Greece

If you're going to drink, get the all inclusive package right away. My husband did, and I didn't, and I spent almost as much as he did, and had to worry about it.

1 Comment