Crown Princess Cruise Review to Mexico

Purser

special celebration

Sail Date: March 14, 2015

I booked this cruise as part of my mom's 90th birthday present.  It was a little delayed but the date had family significance.  Unknown to us, we also were on the Entertainer of the Year final event, so that meant the guest entertainers were fantastic.  It was difficult to make a choice.  The only negative here was the sound system.  It made it difficult to assess one of the performers fairly.  Why is it that making a performer fight the volume seems to be so common?  Most of the time it was fine, so it was only the Theater (largest venue) where it was way too loud.  Some people even left because of the volume.

We've both taken this itinerary before and I've taken it with at least two other cruise lines, so we didn't feel any pressure to do everything.  We did take one tour in Puerto Vallarta, the first one I've taken there ever, and it was good but limited our time to see anything beyond the tour.  We barely got off the ship at Mazatlan and just walked and shopped in Cabo San Lucas.  The focus was on relaxing and that worked out just fine.

Food was pretty good, but I felt a couple dishes weren't up to Princess' normal quality.  It could just have been what I selected, so I don't fault them.  Service was good in the dining room.  I can't speak to the buffet, as we only had lunch on launch day there, we didn't go to any specialty restaurant, and deck food was good without long lines.

Overall, a good cruise, and I purchased the reduced fare deposit for the next Princess cruise - date and location not yet decided.

the biggest one I've been on, so I got to use lots of stairs
overall very good with a couple exceptions where it did not meet expectations
friendly, efficient, and remembered us
special cruise, so higher quality than usual
only went to one dance class and participated with Princess Pop Choir
went on one excursion that was very interesting
Note that we got upgraded, so E415 was NOT our cabin. We got R506, so a balcony instead. Nice room with a view, although further from most activities. Easy to get to pool, though.
San Pedro (Los Angeles), California
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
make sure to go to the old town area
Mazatlan, Mexico
Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
the stop here is very short; usually take a snorkeling tour, but not this time. That would have moved this up to great.

The Crown is the largest ship I've been on, so that added to the stair climbing. Familiar Princess features made it feel more comfortable, e.g. Explorer's and Wheelhouse. Nice adults only area and Skywalkers is my favorite place for viewing the ocean.