Good Itinerary but menu diversity was limited and repititious
Costa Mediterranea Cruise Review to Europe - Western Mediterranean
Menu diversity was mediocre. Each dinner in the principle dining room was repetitious. Always with an Italian slant. Not good for a ship with multiple nationalities on board and boring for a 10 night cruise. Garden salads with main course were always the same vegs., with very limited salad dressing selections. Optional cheese plate was unappetizing and looked like left-overs from breakfast buffet or prior day offerings.
2. In the buffet afternoon restaurant the very same cheese selections and cold cut appeared relentlessly.
CLUE: GET A NEW COOK BOOK.
3. Upscale premium- charge restaurant had same menu as main dining room but at an extra price.
4. Premium charge - room service breakfast for premium cabins arrived cold, food was badly prepared and orders for husband and wife arrive 25 minutes apart.
5. WiFi reception throughout the ship was unreliable and often failed to work in a timely fashion.
6. Bar tenders poured soft drinks from cans or bottles (10 oz) and served them in smaller glasses (7 oz.) so they didn't provide the full portion. I asked to have them pour my entire beverage into a larger glass and they refused. Very stingy portion control on soft drinks and worse on alcohol, despite "all-you-could-drink" high cost drink packages.
7. On board television had only 1 channel consistently in English ( sometimes MS-NBC), but 5 channels were dedicated to Costa-only channels. Many more channels were provided in French or Italian. None in German or Spanish.
8. Ship lacked any source where you could purchase small toiletries like: mouth wash, antiperspirant, hair spray, cough drops, aspirin, antiacids, camera batteries, OTC medicine,
9. On Costa provided shuttle buses into town, drivers did not speak any English and could not tell people where they were being dropped off, so it was difficult to find the bus stop at the end of the day to return to the ship.
Food and Dining
Service and Staff
Cabin / Stateroom
Bring extra toiletries and portable entertainment for days at Sea, Buy a beverage package or you will go bankrupt even if you don't consume alcohol, Lock in an open seating time you prefer but show up early to get a window table at dinner,
Ports of call
Barcelona, Spain Did not visit port