Costa Mediterranea Cruise Review to Europe - Eastern Mediterranean

Experience of a Lifetime

Sail Date: September 10, 2007

The ship was very impressive. It was impeccably clean. The staff and crew were very helpful, considering that I did not speak a foreign language and needed explanations. My room was good size and very quiet. The dining room seemed very noisy, maybe due to the number of people in it? The service in the dining room was very good. The bathrooms were extremely clean at all times.

Pros: The crew and staff made our stay on the ship very pleasant

Cons: Port of Mykonos

Recommends Costa Mediterranea? Yes!

The entertainment could have been better. The crew actually performed better than professionals. The bingo games could have been at better times. There were not a lot of options for my husband and I during free time.
The food was just average. I would have preferred iced tea to drink and not pay for cokes, etc. The dining room seemed to be noisy to the point where I felt I had to talk, almost yell, to the people at my table.
The room was extremely clean at all times. Size was good. I would prefer a tub to just a shower. Location of room was perfect.
The staff were extremely friendly and helpful and would go one step beyond to help in any way they could due to the fact that we could not speak a foreign language.
Bari, Italy
The city overall was very nice. I enjoyed this port and shopping.
Don't Miss: Didn't really have any.
Santorini, Greece
The port is very beautiful. Did not like the hour and a half wait to board cable car back to ship.
Rhodes, Greece
The ruins were excellent to see. Ate at the Symposium Restaurant. Very good service and food. Great Greek beer.
Mykonos, Greece
The port is pretty. Nothing to do here. Shopping was very touristy. Would not recommend this port.
Katakolon (Olympia), Greece
The Olympia site was extremely interesting.
Don't Miss: Olympia ruins
Dubrovnik, Croatia
Wasn't too impressed with this port. Public bathrooms were dirty and not many. Too crowded to shop and very expensive.