Costa Mediterranea Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

The great getaway cruise!

Sail Date: April 09, 2006

Traveled As: Family w/young children

The ship is elegantly decorated with beautiful marble and granite throughout.

Pros: The kids programs!

Cons: Slow formal dinner service. (it took 2 hours to eat dinner)

The Italian Pizza and Pasta's were Exceptional! The breakfast buffet lacked daily selection. After day three, I felt like I was eating the same foods over and over again. The sit down dinners took around two hours to complete. We did not partake in the sit down Breakfast and lunch.
We had a window room. Basic and clean ammenities as expected. Mattress was terrible. Service was excellent.
Many of the ships staff did not speak english.
Nicer than the other cruises I've been on.
The live shows surpassed my expectations and the kids (7 and 4) loved them.
The kids program was far superior than other cruises I've been on. The "Squack" staff genuinely cared about the children and the curriculum was very engaging.
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Town a little dirty. Went to the forts and they were beautiful.
Don't Miss: The Forts were great to see.
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
Went here on our honeymoon 12 years ago. Great to see it again. Went on a basic island tour shore excursion and enjoyed it.
Don't Miss: Great shopping for jewelery.
Catalina Island (Isla Catalina), Dominican Republic
Went on a basic island tour shore excursion and enjoyed it.
Casa De Campo, Dominican Republic
Went to the beach.
It's the Bahamas. What more can I say.
Don't Miss: Atlantis Aquarium!!!!! Amazing!!!!