The great getaway cruise!

Costa Mediterranea Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

7 Night Eastern Caribbean (Ft. Lauderdale Roundtrip)
Sail Date: April 09, 2006
Ship: Costa Mediterranea
The ship is elegantly decorated with beautiful marble and granite throughout.

The Italian Pizza and Pasta's were Exceptional! The breakfast buffet lacked daily selection. After day three, I felt like I was eating the same foods over and over again. The sit down dinners took around two hours to complete. We did not partake in the sit down Breakfast and lunch.

The live shows surpassed my expectations and the kids (7 and 4) loved them.

The kids program was far superior than other cruises I've been on. The "Squack" staff genuinely cared about the children and the curriculum was very engaging.

Many of the ships staff did not speak english.

Nicer than the other cruises I've been on.

We had a window room. Basic and clean ammenities as expected. Mattress was terrible. Service was excellent.
Went to the beach.
Went here on our honeymoon 12 years ago. Great to see it again. Went on a basic island tour shore excursion and enjoyed it.
Don't Miss: Great shopping for jewelery.
It's the Bahamas. What more can I say.
Don't Miss: Atlantis Aquarium!!!!! Amazing!!!!
Went on a basic island tour shore excursion and enjoyed it.
Town a little dirty. Went to the forts and they were beautiful.
Don't Miss: The Forts were great to see.

Pros: The kids programs!

Cons: Slow formal dinner service. (it took 2 hours to eat dinner)