Costa Luminosa Cruise Review to Caribbean

Horrible customer service

Sail Date: March 07, 2014

Ok...Let me start with the very unorganized embarkation in a hot humid Miami! Being there with a two year old and a one year old we were not able to sit anywhere in the shade and had to stand in the heat while getting stummbled over by old smoking Europeans who wanted to cut the line. I would say 80% of the passengers on this cruise smoked! Once we finally made it on the ship we were happy to get our room and the room was nice and roomy. Servicing the room is a different story. We would keep milk in our little fridge for the baby to drink in the evening since nothing was availabe pass 8pm. The room waiter would come in make our beds and throw out the milk out of the fridge.  We asked several times to get extra garbage bag where we could dispose of diapers but were never given any. Who ever this lady was I hope she lost her job because she was one of the main reasons why we will never again go on COSTA cruises.

Also, charging for pizza after 8pm??? Really??????? charging for room service????? I guess as Americans we are not used to this kind of nickle and diming...

Ports were very nice and we enjoyed every one of them. Well except that due to "high waves" we were not able to go to Grand Turk. So with all that said I would never recomment anyone to go to this cruise line. Especially if they have young kids.

food was available at buffets in day time and you were forced to eat at the restaurants for extra $$$ or the main dining room.
Miami, Florida
Grand Turk Island
Wish we stopped here...we were told the waves were too big and we could not get tenders to come out.
Ocho Rios, Jamaica
nothing bad to say about the cruise line on this, but I could care less for Jamaica and their pushy attitudes.
George Town, Grand Cayman
My Favorite stop. Love the 7 mile beach!
Coxen Hole, Roatan, Bay Islands, Honduras
Tabyana beach was very nice, probably one of the best beaches in the caribbeans.