Celebrity Summit Cruise Review to Caribbean - Southern

Greg & Vickie Murphy on Celebrity Summit

Sail Date: January 23, 2016

Service in the dining room was not up to the standards we've enjoyed in three other cruises on this same ship.  Not that there was any apparent problem with the staff - they were all courteous and very competent - but everything seemed to move much more slowly than in the past.  If I were to guess, I'd say that the total amount of staff on duty may have been lower than on past trips and that contributed to the slower service level.  On the other hand, our Sommelier was absolutely top notch and gave outstanding and courteous service.

Another positive note is a personal rave review of a new staff member, DJ Baron S!  This young woman, on her first cruise, gave a level of professional service that I haven't seen before on Celebrity.  While I did talk with her on a few occasions and was impressed with her pleasant conversation, smiles and infectious enthusiasm, my praise really stems from her professional handling of her duties.  As a music lover, I was absolutely enthralled at the novelty and "fit" of her set mixes.  Whenever I wandered through the area near the Martini bar where she was hosting an ongoing music show, I was very pleased with the way various styles of music were mixed to provide a unique entertainment experience.  She mentioned that she often spent nearly as long preparing a set mix as it took to play it.  And, these often ran 3-4 hours.  In here own words, this savvy young woman is a "music nerd" and she loves the challenge of her job.  She deserves a pat on the back and big ATTA GIRL for her professional handling of her assignment!

Was there anything "negative" about the cruise?  Yes, the excessive cost of the Welcome aboard snapshots.  I'm sure you throw hundreds of these away with every cruise return; $25. is a bit too steep.  You might want to consider lowering the price of (just this group) to $15.00.  I think you'd recover much more of your apparent loss on these photos taken on speculation.  Or, you may want to print them smaller as post cards to encourage more sales.

Outstanding cabin attendant was always on top of everything.