Celebrity Summit Cruise Review to Caribbean - Southern

Third Mate

Worst cruise ever

Sail Date: October 25, 2014

I wanted to try Celebrity and had high hopes.  I have been on 22 cruises from other lines and everyone always said Celebrity was the best.  Our ship was the Summit.  It is an older ship.  The AC on the ship was not working properly. We were in the Caribbean and it is hot so that made things really hard.  The fridge in room did not get cold.  In the buffet the salads were at room temp. so I was nervous eating them.   Our wait staff forgot something at every dinner from salad to coffee.  They apologized but it was aggravating.  We had late sitting dinner and the service was so slow that we did not get done until 11 pm.  Waiting long periods for food.   I booked an excursion at 7pm thru the TV for the next day on our first night.  That night, my husband was ill and in the morning we could not go on the excursion.  I called the front desk at 6am explained the problem and they assured me that I would not be charged.  I followed up at 8am I went to the excursion desk and asked for the refund.  they said too bad, I had not given them 24 hours notice.  I told them the Purser said the would help me because of the medical issue and they refused.  I lost 180 dollars because they would not understand.   Our room staff was not very good.  One night we crawled into bed and the bed was short sheeted.  I remade the bed and noticed the sheets were torn.  The next day I asked for new sheets.  They were never replaced.    On leaving the ship, we needed a wheel chair.  I asked for help and was told that someone would help me.  We were scheduled to leave the ship at 8am.  We had arranged for transportation.  I could not get anyone to help me with the wheel chair.  Was told they were busy.  Finally at 10am someone helped me off the boat.  My ground transport had left by then.

AC needs updating. Staff needs customer service refresher
buffet salads were at room temp. No one wants warm lettuce
Staff needs to be trained on dealing with customers with disabilities.
Comic was not funny. Maybe bring actual shows not the same tired ones that seem to be the norm for ships
Children's Programs na
The best excusions were Catamaran Sail on St. Kitts and Secret beach on St Thomas.
AC does not work, refrigerator does not work. Nice view. Close to Theather.
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Love Old San Juan. Go to Barrachinna for a real Pina Colada
Basseterre, St. Kitts
Nice island for snorkeling
Roseau, Dominica
Very nice island. Tour office very helpful
St. George's, Grenada
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
Celebrity has a private beach here called Secret beach. It is an awesome beach with white sand and clear blue water to swim and snorkle. Jason was awesome

On the island of Domincua you can walk off ship and go right to tour office and get the same excursions as the ship offers at 1/3 the price. Use Trip Advisor and book your own with vendors to save money.