Celebrity Summit Cruise Review to Caribbean - Southern

My first cruise!

Sail Date: January 19, 2008

This being my first cruise, I was excited and interested in exploring all aspects of the whole "Cruise Experience". I was delighted to find so many positive experiences and so few actual disappointments. My first impression of the ship was the overall cleanliness. Not just the 'dust and wipe' type that many hotels, even five star quality, employ, but truly sanitary living conditions. From the bed linen, to the railings in the hallways, to the deck chairs...dishes, cutlery...and on and on...everything was immaculate. The antimicrobial wipes handed out before meals and at the doorways to common areas were specifically beneficial in reminding everyone to observe hygiene and i was pleased to see every staff member using some method of hand sanitizing at one time or another.
My other concern was that I would feel crowded onboard the ship. I don't enjoy the "party" crowd atmosphere and was hesitant even about going on a cruise and being contained with so many people but I was pleasantly surprised to find that at no time...other than embarkation...was I surrounded by people. At all other times I was comfortable with the noise level and the participation level of the individual activities. There were many places on the ship where i could find privacy to sit and read or relax and yet never did I feel as if I were not being taken care of by the staff.

Pros: The excellent customer service.

Cons: The sometimes frantic pace of activities onboard.

Recommends Celebrity Summit? Yes!

St. George's, Grenada
Kralendijk, Bonaire
I simply loved this port. The atmosphere of the people, the cleanliness of everything, the pride in their island, the quality of the crafts being displayed and the helpfulness and pride of the artisans made this truly a unique and delightful experience.
Roseau, Dominica
Kralendijk, Bonaire
Oranjestad, Aruba
This is the only port where we took a tour which was not planned through the ship and we were delighted by the price which was substantially lower than that offered by those being advertised onboard and by the quality of the tour. It was given by a local who was truly working for his money...going out of his way to show us culture and heritage which is not often seen on pre-packaged tours. His bus was unique and colorful and clean and I saw much more and learned much more of the unique flavor of Aruba than simply what the tourist industry might want you to know.
Oranjestad, Aruba