Celebrity Solstice Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

A great cruise

Sail Date: March 01, 2009

It was very nice. We liked the Celebrity Summit better.

Pros: the Murano food (amazing), the balcony rooms

Cons: ports - we would have loved to go somewhere a little different, the couples massage, and a friend gave us a casino credit as a gift and they charged us 3% to use it

Recommends Celebrity Solstice? Yes!

Eat at the Murano - amazing food
balcony rooms are great
The new layout make the ship longer without much adjustment for width(less good for the easily sea sick). There are lots of new amentities on the Solstice that could be removed without sacrificing (planet earth exhibits, the helipad on the front instead of a pool, two floors of the library with fake books on the second floor (including legal text case books in case anyone want to read a random assortment of F.Supp. 2d), so many specialty resturants (maybe 2 would suffice))
Philipsburg, St. Maarten
Very nice
Labadee (Cruiseline Private Island)
Scary. This is NOT a private island. This is a pennisula of Hati. We did the kayak excursion which should have had snorkling at the end, but the guide said that the snorklingw as no good so not to do it when what I think he meant was don't leave your things in the boat - which was fairly obvious because an entire village of people ran up to our kayaks when we landed to pull the boats in (not far from the main area when the cruise ship pulled up) and each person begged us to look at what they had made and buy something. The cruise line knew noone would bring money, so they arranged for the guides to pay for the items and for us to use ou seapasses to pay them back. This lead to a double issue because you want to say no thanks I don't have any money on me and when there is a guide following you around saying you don't need money, here I'll buy it for you, it was VERY uncomfortable.
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Don't know if I would get off the boat
Road Town, Tortola, B.V.I.