Celebrity Millennium Cruise Review to Alaska - Gulf of Alaska

An experience of a lifetime!

Sail Date: May 14, 2010

I traveled alone on this trip, which I've done before, but immediately felt that I was accompanied by 1900 of my close friends. The ship staff was extremely accomodating, but not to the extent that I felt that they were in the way. Every day my new friends and I felt that we were the luckiest people on earth to be in these ports and on the ship.
One area that was frustrating was the check in process. After long travels to the embarkation point the process was extremely disorganized and I could still be waiting to board had I not marched through the chaos to take action to get through it. However after that, the organization was good and the staff very responsive.

Pros: The itinerary and the ship.

Cons: N/A

Recommends Celebrity Millennium? Yes!

This is a gorgeous ship. It is so tastefully decorated; I never felt that I was on an over decorated River Boat. There was always a perfect spot to experience the extraordinary views.
The food was excellent. The standard offerings ensured that there was always a good option to the daily menu at dinner. Tea time was a huge plus. The standard food stations (pizza, pasta etc) were consistently good as well. Our waiter was new, but his responsiveness improved daily.
The size of the stateroom was ample, certainly for one person. A balcony is a must on this trip.
My attendant was friendly and very sensitive to my schedule. Breakfast in the room was a great option and delivery of room service orders was fast and accurate.
Juneau, Alaska
The Mushing Camp in Juneau was a delight. The drive to the Camp offers a good overview of the city, and I saw the Governer's Mansion from the bus.
Icy Strait Point (Hoonah), Alaska
I took the whale watching excursion from this port. Amazing. We had at least 40 Humpback sitings along with porpoises and one goofy seal. From what I heard from others that they saw less on their same trips taken at other ports.
Don't Miss: Sipping an Alaskan Amber and watching the whales from the land. If you're inclined to do a zip line this is the place to do it.
Skagway, Alaska
Strolling the town was a pleasure. There were other ships in port, so a town of 700 was suddenly over 8000 people. The shopping is very nice here.