An amazing vacation

Celebrity Equinox Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Cruises: 2-3 cruises

Overall rating:

Celebrity Equinox

7 Night Eastern Caribbean (Ft. Lauderdale Roundtrip)

Sail date: June 08, 2019

Ship: Celebrity Equinox

Cabin type: Oceanview

Traveled as: Couple

Review summary

Celebrity is definitely a luxury line and strives to maintain this image. The ship is impeccable and Captain Kate was entertaining and approachable.

Embarkation

Absolutely seamless. Even though the terminal was very crowded, the lone moved quickly with zero issues.

Ship experiences

The food was amazing and I don’t remember ever having to wait more than a few minutes for a drink anywhere on board. The waiters always had my favourite wine ready at my tab,e every night.

Tuscan Grille

We went here on our first night, which was also my 40th birthday. They treated us like royalty and we enjoyed every bite.

Mast Grill and Bar

Easily our favourite hang out the entire week. An amazing location and awesome service.

Guest Relations And Excursions

We had a horrible excursion in Nassau and it was entirely due to the description of it in the app. We returned early and promptly went to the excursion desk and explained the situation. Our money was refunded the next day.

The shows were broadway quality.

Everyone was so eager to help and do whatever they could to make our week amazing.

Ship tip

Next time I’d like a balcony further forward. We were just behind the ‘bump’ and couldn’t watch port arrivals.

Ports of call

Ft. Lauderdale (Port Everglades), Florida

San Juan, Puerto Rico

Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas

Magans Beach was amazing. No excursion needed.

Tortola, British Virgin Islands

I’d do this cruise again just to go back to Jost Van Dyke.

Wasn’t overly impressed. Locals approached us to buy drugs. We withdrew cash from a machine that stated it had american cash but it gave us Bahamanian dollars that we are now stuck with, since no bank will touch it.

Disembarkation