Celebrity Eclipse Cruise Review to Caribbean - Southern

Third Mate

Lots of Island, need more rest

Sail Date: December 07, 2014

The Eclipse is a beautiful ship that will now go into dry dock for 2 weeks to be freshened up.   The staff was some of the best I have experienced in my 20 or so cruises.   The Captain and his staff were extremely accessible and we had a very nice smooth sailing with the exception of a return to Curacao to drop off a sick passenger one night.  There were so many stops on this luding many islands I have never been to.  I could have used more sea time to enjoy all the activities and comfort of this ship.   The food in the main dining room was a little disappointing.   I have seen the whole lobster now dwindle down to a lobster tail and this is the second cruise where it was cooked to a rubbery imperfection.  They also ran out of several items including the every popular prime rib.   I was glad to see that Celebrity is expanding its environmental stewardship by installing smokestack scrubbers  to clean up the dirty bunker fuel that they emit so hopefully in 6 months the ship will only be belching out clean white smoke.  Enjoyed many of the excursions, but some like the beach excursions were overpriced for essentially a bus trip to the island beach for a few hours.  Get together with some of your fellow passengers and just get a taxi, they will pick you up when you want and save you a lot of money, I also especially enjoyed the lectures on physics that were provided and some of the entertainers were top notch,  Also plenty of free drinks at all the activities sponsored by the ship.  Definitely the cruise was worth the money.

Will be spruced up for upcomming cruises as it goes into drydock
Miami, Florida
get on a ship out of there
Oranjestad, Aruba
St. John's, Antigua
Basseterre, St. Kitts
The beaches were great
Philipsburg, St. Maarten

The cabins at the back of the ship are extra quiet and the views are the best