My Experience

Celebrity Constellation Cruise Review to Europe - Mediterranean

Contributor Level: Third Mate

12 Night Italy & Croatia (Venice Roundtrip)
Sail Date: May 16, 2015
Ship: Celebrity Constellation

The check-in was a nightmare with 300 or more people waiting hours to check on to the ship.  Since we were not Aqua class or above it was not a pleasant way to start the cruise.  Our balcony room had mold in the shower, ratty towels, some towels with spots not removed in previous cleaning and holes in bed linens.  The food was a joke.  Leg of lamb and other lamb dishes that tasted like mutton.  Steaks that were 3X4 inches and about 1/4 inch thick, two bite appetizers, etc. I have never felt like a second class person until I went on this cruise.  Except for a few exceptions the entertainment was corny and not professional.  Room service was awful.  If you wanted a real egg, it was $7 to $9 otherwise you had powdered scrambled eggs.  I had to print that I wanted a plate for my food, a basket of rolls was two.  There just seemed to be a real general lack of attention to detail.  Although our cabin person and our waiter in the dining room were wonderful it did not make up for the shoddy food or patched carpet etc.  in the room.  I felt I did not get my moneys worth for what I paid.

Not up to any great standards and not creative

N/A

Our cabin person and dining room waiter were excellent

Ok, The carpet in my room was patched in

Again, no help in getting off the ship to trains or airport