Carnival Vista Cruise Review to Europe - Western Mediterranean

Good Cruse

Sail Date: July 01, 2016

This was our first time ever on a cruise. My wife and I enjoyed the overall experience. Best part had to be the spa deck on level 12. My wife and I would visit every night after all our outings before going back to our cabin for the night. I would have loved to give 5 stars, but the service was not what we expected.

For starters our open dinning experience was chaotic and unorganized. Some nights we would have to wait for more than an our after our check in to be seated. Once we sat down, servers seemed distraught and rushed. One night my wife and I got up and left before being offered dessert...the waiter never showed up to check up on us. In some cases our side dishes never made it the table or our drinks.  It seemed to me that the wait staff was new, or not properly trained to handle a ship with that many customers. I don't recommend paying tips ahead of time like us...as the level of service was not what we expected.

When  at pool side, rarely did a cocktail serve come up to us for a drink order. When they did we waited a long time for our drinks. We vacationed with other individuals that assures us other cruise lines they traveled with had better service.

Lastly, I would of loved the adult section Serenity to have had a pool. There are two hot tubs, but after a long day out off the ports, it would have been nice to jump into an adults only pool.

Summary, for out first cruise it was not bad. Food was good and some of the pay restaurants we ate in were awesome! We will travel with other cruise lines in the future just to experience the level of service provided on those cruses.

Regards,

Jesus Martinez

Wish the ship would have had an adults only pool. The two main pools were used by kids most of the time. Also a lot of the side restaurants like the pub were hard to find. I would have liked to see signs posted advertising them.
The best part of the cruise! We did not book excursions with Carnival, instead we did private. The ports and cities we visited are unforgettable.
Great entertainment, especially the comedy club and the piano bar.
Service in the dining room was not as expected, but our housekeeper was awesome! Also on one dinning night we were sat in I' Maids section and he was awesome! I wish we had him as our server for every night we ate.
I had high expectation of food since this was our first cruise and people rave about the food on cruise ships. However, I was not to impress with the food in open dining restaurants; it was OK in my book. The restaurants you actually have to pay had better tasting food and service was much better.

Service needs much improvement. The ship should have had a better system for open dinning program. Very slow and some servers would take to long to check up on tables. As stated above in my review; I feel the staff was not adequately trained to handle a ship with that many people aboard.

I believe this ship is more of a family friendly oriented ship. It does not have as a really good area for adults. Great if you have a young family.

1 Comment